Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Indian Style Puff Potato "Patties"

I love Patties. They're the only true Indian junkfood I love (Sorry samosa, chaat etc.)!
Buying a puff pastry dough was definitely a time saver and also potential disaster savior as I'm not the best "dough maker."


My Patties ended up looking more like Samosas, but they retained the spicy, savoriness in the filling and the slight sweetness in the puff layer just like the originals.


In India, Patties are traditionally fried, baking mine definitely cut down the caloric value of these babies.

These were probably too high-quality for my rather rustic snack, but the taste amazing! 

My lovely patties. They're missing the flakiness of the originals, but the taste is all there! 

And...ready to eat!

Will I make these again? Yesssss! But will probably use Pilsbury sheets next time :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment